Thinking about getting your teeth straightened in El Paso, TX? Maybe your child’s overbite has you concerned. Choosing the right orthodontist for yourself or a family member can be a complex decision. There are a few things to consider before delving into the world of orthodontics. Here are some answers to frequently asked questions that will help you make the best decision.
Do I Need Braces?
The initial consultation with the orthodontist is typically a visual evaluation of the patient’s teeth and facial structure, with discussion about treatment to follow. Afterwards, if it’s decided that treatment is the next option, diagnostic X-rays, photographs of teeth, and a model of the patients teeth are then used by the orthodontist to evaluate and formulate a treatment plan that works for you. For children, the earliest recommended orthodontic consultation is at 7 years of age.
If you think you or a loved one might need braces, there are certain questions you should ask yourself.
- Are your teeth crowded or crooked?
- Do you have a lisp?
- Do you have an overbite or underbite?
- Does your jaw click or hurt when in use?
- Is it difficult to chew your food?
- Are you embarrassed by your smile?
Dyer Dental Care offers a FREE ORTHODONTIC CONSULTATION to all of our patients. Our staff will help you make the right orthodontic decision here in our El Paso dental office.
Invisalign or Braces?
There are pros and cons to consider for both braces and Invisalign. For the most part, the outcomes are the same, but the treatments are very different. Below are the pros and cons of Invisalign and braces:
- While traditional braces use metal brackets and wires to align your teeth, Invisalign uses clear trays that make it difficult to even tell that you are getting your teeth aligned.
- Invisalign aligners hurt less than braces, and gradually align your teeth with a series of trays.
- You can remove Invisalign trays to for eating, flossing and brushing your teeth.
- The cost for Invisalign is similar to traditional braces.
- Invisalign causes less discomfort than braces do.
- Invisalign is better for exercise, contact sports, and other rigorous activities.
- Braces can be more effective than Invisalign if there are severe issues with your teeth. For instance if teeth are higher on the jaw line, braces maybe the correct choice for you.
- Braces have a better success rate because the technology has been around for a longer period of time and are not reliant on patient wearing aligners regularly.
- Aligners can be lost or broken, possibly leading to more costs
- If trays are not used as prescribed, the treatment can last longer.
- Invisalign may not work for severely crooked teeth
- There is more pain and discomfort experienced with braces.
- There maybe some discoloration and breakage of teeth which is repaired after treatment.
- Certain foods will be off limits if they are sticky or hard.
- Braces require regular check ups with the orthodontist to check for loosening or breakage.
- Not ideal for exercise or sports.
For some people the choice is clear, for others the choice is more complex. Here at Dyer Dental Care in Northeast El Paso, we aim to assist you in making this decision with a Free Invisalign Consultation.
Who Is The Best Orthodontist For Me?
Interviewing orthodontists over the phone is always a good place to start finding the right one. Is the front desk staff friendly, professional, and able to answer all of your questions? Have you had a family member get braces or Invisalign in the past that could suggest an Orthodontist? How easy is it to make an appointment? Whether a practice is right for you has a lot to do with the efficiency of the staff, personality of the orthodontist and if you feel taken care of while at the dental office.
Orthodontic Cost & Pricing
Costs for orthodontic work varies by doctor and region, and can even vary from neighborhood to neighborhood. Make sure you’re not paying for flash of a video game arcade and jungle gym. Remember, more expensive doesn’t always mean better. Some offices such as Dyer Dental Care also offer a Free Orthodontic Consultation. We can offer affordable pricing, a dental savings plan, and CareCredit.
Healthy teeth and gums, improved facial structure, and enhanced self-esteem are just a few of the many benefits of correcting your teeth with orthodontics. Dyer Dental Care is here to answer any of the questions you might have about Invisalign and finding the best Orthodontist in El Paso. Call us at (915) 566-9415, or schedule a FREE INVISALIGN CONSULTATION today!